Table Of Contents
- 1 Whole Home Water Filters
- 2 Best whole house water System Reviews
- 3 1) SpringWell Water best Whole House Water Filter System
- 4 Pros
- 5 Cons
- 6 2) AquaOx Whole House Water Filters System
- 7 Pros
- 8 Cons
- 9 3) Filtersmart Whole House Water Filter FS1000
- 10 Pros
- 11 Cons
- 12 4) iSpring WGB32B 3-Stage Whole House Water Filter System
- 13 Pros
- 14 Cons
- 15 5) iSpring WGB22B 2-Stage 20 Big Blue Whole House Water Filter
- 16 Pros
- 17 Cons
- 18 6) Aquasana 10-Year, 1,000,000 Gallon Whole House Water Filter
- 19 Pros
- 20 Cons
- 21 7) Home Master HMF3SDGFEC
- 22 3-Stage Whole House Water Filter
- 23 Pros
- 24 Cons
- 25 8) iSpring WGB21B 2-Stage Whole House Water Filter
- 26 Pros
- 27 Cons
- 28 9) Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter
- 29 Pros
- 30 Cons
- 31 10) 3M Aqua-Pure Whole water filter
- 32 Pros
- 33 Cons
- 34 How to Choose A Best Whole House Water Filter?
- 35 1) Filtration Capability
- 36 2) Filtration Capacity
- 37 3) Filtration Accuracy
- 38 4) Filters Lifespan
- 39 5) Additional Features
Whole Home Water Filters
To save a couple of bucks, you might have been boiling water instead of getting a whole house water filter while hoping for similar results. But let’s bust the myth out — Boiling tap water does not get rid of all of the disease-causing pathogens, and the surviving persistent ones might cause chronic health effects as compared to whole house water filter.
These effects might not be noticeable at first, but over time your health will deteriorate. That is exactly why you should install a best whole house water filters as soon as possible to deal with any levels of contamination in your water source. dont forget about the leading filtration for hard water issues…
Best whole house water System Reviews
1) SpringWell Water best Whole House Water Filter System
Does your regular water taste horrid sometimes? Well, the reason can be anything from dissolved solids to heavy metals such as lead and arsenic. The SpringWell whole house water filters tosses out these contaminations successfully, giving you odorless liquid devoid of any distasteful substances.
The ultimate whole house water filters occurs in four steps, including a separate pre-filtration unit that gets rid of clay, sand, and silt sediments with a size of only 5 microns. In the next three stages, chlorine, heavy metals, organic impurities are kicked out using KDF medium, coconut shell carbon bed, and flex bed.
Also, SpringWell filters come with a high-tech UV technology that kills 99.9% bacteria, viruses, algae, pathogens, or any other microbes.
No matter how huge your family is, it can process an enormous amount of water; 1,000,000 gallons which are enough for a long time.
- It can process an incredible amount of water without losing pressure.
- It removes heavy metals, bacteria, and other pathogens effectively.
- It retains the original taste of water.
- It is not suitable for apartments.
- You would need a plumber’s help to install it.
2) AquaOx Whole House Water Filters System
It has a unique but a little heftier design than average systems. AquaOx is manufactured to give out a flawless filtration with its 7 stages of nonstop impurities-removal mediums.
During the first stage, larger sediments are tossed out with the help of a pre-sediment filtering unit. Next, KDF 55 mediums are responsible for discarding chlorine and other metals. The third stage includes KDF 85, which is built to filter Hydrogen sulfide. By this stage, the off-putting odor and taste have been fixed.
The fourth and fifth stages pack garnet and centaur catalytic adsorptive carbon, respectively, that refines the water more. While, during the fifth and sixth stages, VOCs, hydrogen sulfide and chloramines are removed. Lastly, the seventh stage deals with the remaining suspended matter.
Another astonishing fact about this system is that you wouldn’t need to replace filters and cartridges due to its built-in backwash mechanism, which redeems you from maintenance cost and effort.
- The self-cleaning feature is convenient.
- Seven stages filtration ensures
- It has a unique design.
- It is heftier than average models.
- It is pretty expensive.
3) Filtersmart Whole House Water Filter FS1000
The effectiveness of this system is unquestionable as it carries high-quality coconut activated carbon filter, which makes sure that you and your family enjoy crystal clear water. Moreover, it comes with a sediment pre-filter designed to remove larger particles before the main filtration begins.
It can cleanse a total of 1,000,000 gallons of water during its lifetime while retaining the quality of the filtration. This incredible amount is sufficient for your whole house for a long time.
The Filtersmart FS1000 effectively decontaminates the liquid by removing all kinds of microbes, pathogens, debris, organic matter, chlorine, heavy metals, and other chemicals. As a result, you enjoy softer skin and smoother hair after showers.
- The maintenance cost is less.
- It eliminates the jarring odor from the water for whole house.
- The installation is easy.
- It lasts a long time.
- whole house water for well water
- The installation kit lacks important tools.
- It does not get rid of fluoride.
4) iSpring WGB32B 3-Stage Whole House Water Filter System
Next, we have a relatively smaller unit for people who do not have much room to spare for the installation of a filtration system. iSpring processes 100,000 gallons of water. It might be less in comparison to other units we have already talked about, but it certainly serves its purpose.
With a decontamination rate of 95%, the filter successfully removes almost all harmful matter that can wreak havoc on your health — Chlorine, bacteria, viruses, debris, sediments, rust, pesticides, organic matter, and other impurities are removed with 3-stage filtration process by using activated carbon filters.
Another advantage of this filter is its capability of maintaining good water pressure. It is possible because of its 15 gallons per minute filtration speed.
- The filter takes less space.
- It maintains good water pressure for whole house.
- It removes impurities effectively.
- great for whole house water well water
- It sometimes leaks, and you might have to apply Teflon tape.
- It processes less water.
5) iSpring WGB22B 2-Stage 20 Big Blue Whole House Water Filter
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that it is the easiest system to install in your water supply because of its relatively smaller size. Even in its tiny body, it carries large filters that do their job perfectly. However, the decontamination rate might not be similar to its 3-stage counterpart.
If you possess some basic plumbing skills, then congratulations! You can successfully install the whole system without getting yourself a professional.
In terms of performance, the filter might not be as efficient as the 3-stage iSpring filter, but still, it removes most of the chemicals, microbes, debris, and other microscopic impurities from your water supply.
- You do not need a professional to install it.
- It does not take much space for whole house.
- It is an economical solution for people on a budget.
- whole house water for well water
- It does not treat fluoride.
- It lacks a drainage system, which makes the unit pretty heavy.
6) Aquasana 10-Year, 1,000,000 Gallon Whole House Water Filter
Your regular filter systems require a lot of maintenance, which might seem tedious. Behold! The Aquasana house filter that is not only durable but also requires relatively less maintenance in comparison to most units. Furthermore, the unit comes with a pro-grade install-kit which has everything you need to set it up.
The device can filter 1,000,000 gallons of water, which are sufficient for a whole decade. During that time, it will remove 97% of chlorine along with hazardous contaminants (VOCs, pesticides, herbicides, mercury, lead). It does so by utilizing Carbon & KDF filtration medium.
- The embedded filters are of high quality.
- It reduces chlorine levels significantly.
- It requires less maintenance.
- best whole house water for well water
- It does not reduce TDS.
- The installation requires a special tool (pex crimper).
7) Home Master HMF3SDGFEC
3-Stage Whole House Water Filter
The magic behind its widespread popularity lies within its reasonable price-value ratio. It is capable of eradicating all organic compounds and microbes in your water source. Also, it can effectively filter out 95% of iron, manganese, and other metal particles and is really great whole house water filter.
Before reaching your pipes, the water will move through activated carbon and Multi-gradient sediment filters to remove any particles larger than 1 micron; It would result in excellent purification without any missed fragments which how a whole house water filter works.
With a capacity 100,000 gallons, the filter ensures longevity and gives out a 15 gallons per minute filtration rate that is enough for all the members in your family.
- The whole house water filter result is excellent.
- It removes even the tiniest particles.
- The filtration rate is sufficient using carbon filter.
- It does not eliminate all of the iron (only 90% is filtered).
- The amassment of iron sometimes gives out a strong smell.
8) iSpring WGB21B 2-Stage Whole House Water Filter
For people who have a smaller family and a smaller home look for concealable and smaller filtration units, this model is ideal. It has a capacity of 50,000 gallons, which is enough for a family of four perfect use a whole house water filter.
iSpring WGB21B is a 2-stage filter whole house water filters — the first stage packs a polypropylene sediment filter that captures all rust, dust, silt, and sand particles larger than 5 microns which makes it one the best whole house filter using a carbon filter. While in the next stage, 90% of chlorine, pesticides, and herbicides are removed through a CTO filter, ensuring the elimination of bad odor and taste.
As it is small, the installation is a piece of cake as far as water filter go. Therefore, you wouldn’t need professional skills to set it up this whole house filters.
- It comes pre-assembled.
- The installation is quite easy for this water filter.
- It is highly durable water filter.
- great for whole house well water
- best for well water whole house filters
- The filter gets clogged.
- Sometimes, the distinct smell of chlorine becomes noticeable.
9) Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter
Let the contamination swept out of your home with this masterpiece as it carries a three-stage filtration mechanism that flawlessly removes dirt, sand, rust, iron, lead, sulfur, chlorine, chloramine, silt, VOCs, nickel, copper, aluminum, hydrogen sulfate and most of the microbes whole house water filters.
It carries a sediment filter (on the right), kinetic degradation filter (in the middle), and an activated carbon filter (on the left). The sediment filter, as the name implies, filters out debris, sand, silt, and dust while the other two filters are responsible for the rest of the cleaning.
On the con side, the filters have to be changed frequently. But the easy-to-handle design makes the procedure hassle-free.
- The three stages of filtration ensure excellent results.
- The system has a user-friendly design water filter.
- No pressure is lost during the filter sessions.
- good for whole house water uses like well water
- The filters need to be changed every 1-2 months.
- The mounting stand is vulnerable to rust.
10) 3M Aqua-Pure Whole water filter
Last on our list is an Aqua-Pure filter that is known for its quick filtration mechanism. It cleans up to 20 gallons of water every minute without affecting the pressure in the pipes. No noticeable reduction in flow will occur before 100,000 gallons of filtration, which is a satisfying figure.
Another prominent benefit of this filter is its easy-to-install and low-maintenance system; installing it would be as easier as changing a light bulb. Moreover, the filter media removes 85% of chlorine using activated carbon block technology. It might not be as efficient as other filters, but it is surely effective.
- It has an extraordinarily fast filtration rate.
- The assembly and installation are easy.
- It does not reduce the pressure.
- whole house filter for well water
- It is not efficient against very polluted water.
- It does not reduce a very high amount of chlorine.
How to Choose A Best Whole House Water Filter?
If you are a noob in this industry, then follow our small buying guide to discover what to look for in a whole house filtration system. Here is a list of few house water filter reviews that you might want to look into for the whole house:
1) Filtration Capability
Remember! No filter eliminates every kind of contaminant. Each filter media tosses out a specific group of impurities — some are effective against metals such as lead and iron, while some others can deal better with chemicals. Therefore, select the filter which deals with the contaminants in your water source.
2) Filtration Capacity
It is the water processing capacity of the filter; the larger it is, the heftier and more expensive the system will be.
Your selection should depend upon the number of members you have in your family. For four members, the 100,000 gallons unit would be enough. On the other hand, the 1-million gallons will last for more than 10 years.
3) Filtration Accuracy
Accuracy or precision of a filter means how much smaller particles it can eliminate. For instance, excellent filters can discard a particle with more than 0.35-micron sizes. However, for a regular house water filter, the accuracy should be 5 microns, or else the device won’t be efficient enough.
4) Filters Lifespan
The lifespan of its filters can judge the quality and convenience of the device. The whole procedure to turn the water off, disassembling the system, and replacing the filters might cause great inconvenience to your family.
Therefore, consider the filter lifespan before purchasing to evade this stressful task.
You would be stunned to know that there are filters in the market that can last up to 6 months, a year, and for even a decade. They might cost a fortune, but it would be worth it.
5) Additional Features
Each filter system is unique, having distinct features — some utilize UV light to purify the water and exterminate the disease-causing pathogens while some others use extra layers of filter media to give out crystal clear water.
To understand which features suit your water source, you must consider the type of contaminants first. For instance, if the water in your home contains a large number of organic matter, then UV purifiers are the best. Bust in case of chlorine amassment, you might want to choose the better carbon block filter for home water filter.
Our guide mentioned above would hopefully be enough for you to make an informed decision for your house and family. Each reviewed product filters varying levels of different impurities.
For instance, if you are looking for a filter that kills the most bacteria in the water supply, then we would recommend you purchase the SpringWell water filter, which is equipped with UV light technology.
On the other hand, for people who just want to get rid of chlorine, then the Aquasana 1-million gallons filter is perfect. Likewise, for iron removal, we would suggest the Home Master 3-stage filter. But no matter which one you choose, always consider the price-value ratio and the filtration accuracy.
Questions On Water Filtration
What is the best water filter?
At present, the APEC Top Tier 5-Stage filtration system outshines most of the devices in terms of
performance. The presence of both; activated carbon and reverse-osmosis eliminates 99.9% of
contaminants, making it highly efficient in what filters supposed to do. Also, it is suitable for both well
and tap water.
Are water filters worth it?
Undoubtedly, they are worth it, depending on their quality. Some of the best ones can remove contaminants to near perfection. They make water safer to drink; otherwise, you’d be prone to lethal waterborne diseases.
What is a water filter?
Simply put, it is a device to clean water and toss out the undesirable contaminants using a media or chemical substance. They are mainly classified into two types; chemical filters and physical filters.
In physical filtration, impurities are filtered out or strained with the help of different physical media, for instance, sand, gravel, paper, mesh screens, etc. while chemical filtration is when the impurities are removed chemically with the help of an active substance.
Reverse osmosis, activated carbon, ion change, and distillation are four common types of filtration used nowadays.