Taking a shower is only as refreshing as it should be when the water pressure is high, and the gushing water bounces off your skin taking away all the stress with it. Nobody enjoys weak pressure showers; it is neither refreshing nor satisfying; rather, it’s annoying when the water does not reach you fully.
The fault can be either related to your filtration system, mineral deposits in the pipe, or inefficient showerhead. For more invigorating experience, you should try replacing the current shower head to a more powerful and efficient one.
To guide you in that matter, we have reviewed some of the best shower heads to help you make the best out of low-pressure water supply and have erected a buying guide to assist you in making an informed decision. Let’s look into it.
Things before buying
Before rushing to the market, paying head to below-mentioned things might come handy:
The size will define how much area the flowing water will cover. We would suggest you go for the head with a size of 5 inches or more for comprehensive coverage. To make it clear, the bigger does not always mean higher pressure; sometimes, it is the other way around.
Some heads made with substandard material deforms when you move them a lot and start to leak. As a result, pressure is reduced again. So, make sure their quality is top-notch and, if possible, go through the review section to understand the customer satisfaction ratio.
Out of all, we would suggest the ones made with stainless steel, as they are highly durable.
The price depends entirely on the quality and the material — for instance, the ABS plastic shower heads are cheaper than the stainless-steel ones.
The appearance matters even though it has nothing to with the performance of the product. The looks should complement your bathroom’s interior and color; otherwise, the shower head would just stand out — which will look awkward.
Best Shower Heads
1) Delta 2-Spray Shower Head Water Amplifying
It is considered as a water-saving showerhead; it uses 36% less water while giving an almost similar outcome, which is impressive on so many levels. It will reduce your overall water consumption while still giving the perfectly refreshing showers.
The showerhead comes with dual flow settings — meaning, it can meet the needs of multiple users. It operates at 1.85 and 2.5 gallons per minute so, if your roommate or any member of your family doesn’t want high-pressure showers, they can simply switch to the lower settings. How convenient is that?
On higher settings, Delta’s H20kinetic technology gives out high-pressure spray, that comes out in an artistic pattern, covering 3 times more area than average showerheads. You can switch between basic and high option by using the volume control settings present behind the faucet.
- The surface is rust-resistant due to chrome finish.
- Low- and high-pressure modes are convenient.
- It can be installed quickly.
- Minerals do not deposit in the nozzle fast.
- There is no mark to indicate which mode the showerhead is currently on.
- It sometimes leaks at the seams.
2) YOO.MEE High-Pressure Handheld Shower Head
The brushed nickel finish surface does not let it rust and deform, ensuring durability. Moreover, the combination of high-end ABS plastic and stainless-steel hose does not let the mount get scratched or cracked.
YOO.MEE’s design instantly sprays water with strength making it a perfect solution to the low-pressure water supply. The powerful spray alleviates muscle pain in a blink and helps you rinse the shampoo off your scalp faster. But if you feel the flow is stronger than you need, then flow, regulator, allows you to adjust it.
It can be used as both; handheld and wall-fitted shower head depending upon your preference. But it can easily fall off if bumped during the shower.
- It can be used as a handheld showerhead.
- Multiple flow regulatory settings are available.
- Nickel-finish surface ensures longevity.
- The installation is pretty easy.
- It falls during showers, which can be annoying.
- You might need Teflon tape at the seams to prevent leakage.
3) AquaDance 7″ Premium High Pressure
With this, you’d be welcoming a rainstorm in your bathroom, as it comes with 6 variable shower settings (Pulsating massage, power rain, power mist, rain mist, rain massage, water-saving pause mode), each having unique spray strength and pattern.
It comes with two faucets; one bigger wall-mounted and another handheld showerhead. With this, you can wash the rest of your body attentively while still, the main shower is running. Both have all six settings mentioned above that can be selected with the help of three different valves.
Both heads are pretty easy to clean, and due to smart design, the lime does not build up fast.
- The water-saving mode helps you lower your overall water consumption.
- Having two separate heads is a convenient design.
- The chrome finish does not let rust build-up.
- 6 spray modes make your showers more enjoyable.
- With both heads on, the pressure decreases.
- The handheld shower is not as powerful as the wall-mounted one.
- There is no indication of 6-settings on the valve.
4) Speakman S-2005-HB 2.5 GPM Adjustable Shower
The state-of-the-art design and the polished surface go with most of the bathroom interiors. So, you might not have to think twice in this domain. The chrome-finish surface not only just looks but also serves as a scratch and rust-resistant barrier.
Despite its compact build, it gives out a flow rate of 2.5 gallons that rivals even the highest-rated products. That’s not just it, the Speakman S-2005 carries Anystream Technology, which allows it to distribute water evenly through all modes — intense, massage and combination.
You can transition between modes by simply using a rotating valve present at the back of the faucet. On the whole, this marvelous device meets even the most demanding expectations.
- The spray strength is incredible.
- It has multiple modes to have more interesting showers.
- It comes in various metallic finishes — chrome polish, chrome brushed, nickel finish.
- The installation is hassle-free.
- There is no indication of modes on the valve.
- There are few spray-adjustable settings.
- It wastes water instead of saving it.
5) G-Promise High-Pressure Shower Head Premium
It is a two in one shower head; it can be handheld and also mounted on the wall. But unlike average dual shower heads which fall with the slightest bump, it stays in place due to a strong metal mount. G-Promise has an alluring chrome finish that protects it from rust and scratches.
With a quick rotation of the lever, you can choose between six interesting wave patterns (Rainfall, circular massage, power massage, rainfall + power massage, water saves trickle, and rainfall + circular massage mode) that come with varying pressure.
You can install the whole mount without calling the plumber; all you would require is a wrench and an instruction manual.
- It does fall easily because of the strong mount.
- The surface rejects rust.
- 6 modes enhance your shower experience.
- It can be installed by using a simple wrench.
- The direction of the spray changes with even the slightest impact.
- It is hard to find which mode is currently on.
6) Aqua Elegante 3-Inch High-Pressure Shower Head
Are you tired of leaning close to the showerhead to feel the water pressure? Then try Aqua Elegante that transforms low pressure into jet-like water spray with its smartly-engineered nozzle. The flow rate isn’t just its only forte; the nozzle also cleans itself and doesn’t let the water go hard.
Don’t underestimate this product just because of its simple appearance — from the hose to the end of the nozzle; the smart engineering restricts the normal flow of water. As a result, you get incredibly high-speed water sprays.
On top of all, the rubberized shower ends and high-end construction keep corrosion away, making it one of the most durable products on this listicle.
- It performs incredibly well.
- The rubberized shower ends make it more durable.
- Due to its self-cleaning technology, it saves you from a lot of trouble.
- It provides high-pressure sprays.
- There are no adjustable spray modes.
- You have to remove the showerhead to adjust the pressure.
7) SparkPod Shower Head – High-Pressure Rain
The problem with most shower heads is that they cannot cover your whole body so that no part is left exposed. But with SparkPod, you can completely envelop it in warm water and relax for as long as you want it — you wouldn’t have to change sides to soak your whole body.
Even with its large spray cone, the showerhead maintains high pressure and keeps water wastage to a minimum. This luxurious device comes with a single pressure adjustable setting, which might not be enough, but It helps you change the atmosphere slightly.
- It covers a wide area with its huge shower head.
- Even with larger coverage, it does not reduce pressure.
- It has a stunning design.
- The overall construction is strong and sturdy.
- The pressure can only be adjusted by removing the showerhead.
- It does not have enough spray settings.
- It does not perform well within the limited shower area.
8) ShowerMaxx Luxury Spa Grade Rainfall Shower
Another masterpiece that gives out wide spray coverage with its massive showerhead. While doing so, it even maintains high pressure giving you a memorable shower experience. The nickel finish surface is resistive against corrosion, and the whole shower can be set up in a blink of an eye without any tools.
Thanks to multiple restrictor valves present within the body; it can give out superior water pressure. However, you can only alter the pressure by removing the restrictor valves and changing them, which might not be the best way to do it, but it works.
- The wide showerhead lets you completely immerse in water.
- Due to nickel finish, it does not corrode.
- The water pressure remains high even with wide coverage.
- The installation can be done in a couple of minutes.
- The spray pattern cannot be changed.
- To change pressure, you have to open up the showerhead.
- It is not a good option for tiny shower spaces.
9) Take A Shower LLC Best Shower Head
It is a blend of attractive design and powerful engineering. Due to its powerful water jets, the company has nicknamed it “The Original Fire Hydrant,” which is fitting for its performance. The build has restrictor valves everywhere that increase the pressure to a whole new level.
If the water pressure is too much to handle, you can simply adjust it using the nozzle — rotate the nozzle to one side to increase and the other to decrease the flow rate. This way, you can even keep track of the settings without any indicators.
Furthermore, the tinnier built to make it an easy choice for people having a smaller shower space.
- The flow rate can be adjusted.
- The control settings are easy to use.
- It provides incredibly high-pressure.
- It has an attractive design.
- The coverage isn’t wide enough due to the smaller shower head.
- It does not have adjustable spray pattern settings.
10) KASUNY High-Pressure Handheld Shower Set
With superior design and exceptional versatility, the KASUNY showerhead deserved to be on our list. It can be both; mounted on the wall and used as a handheld shower. However, the mount isn’t strong enough, and it may frequently fall — a persistent flaw in the structure.
It comes with adjustable pressure settings to meet the need of various users. But to change it, you must remove the restrictor valves manually. In addition to that, you can even change the spray pattern by using any three interesting spray settings (jet, wide, and combination).
- A two-in-one option is convenient.
- The spray pattern can be adjusted.
- It has an impressive design.
- It can be installed within minutes.
- You can accidentally knock it over.
- To change pressure, you have to remove the restrictor valves manually.
Small Buying Guide
Let us enlighten you more about showerheads to help you choose better for yourself:
- Types of showerheads
These are the most commonly used shower heads that are mounted on the wall, having a wide range of sizes. Some of the most versatile models have variable settings to change the flow-rate and pattern of the spray.
They are mounted on the wall but can be removed and move around. They come in handy while showering in a bathtub or cleaning a pet. They are usually smaller in size than the wall-mounted models to make mobility easier.
Dual shower heads:
Such models include both; a wall-mounted showerhead and a handheld showerhead attached. These models are the rarest and the most efficient ones, thus, the most expensive.
Ceiling or raining shower heads:
As the name implies, they are constructed in a way that the showerhead comes exactly on the top of the person’s head. They easily immerse the whole body having a wide spray coverage.
With these, the distance between the person and the showerhead is adjustable.
- Minimum water pressure requirement:
Showerheads are an effective way to solve the low-pressure water supply problem. But they are only effective to a certain degree. For instance, if your water source does not have enough pressure, even these showerheads won’t be able to work properly.
The pressure should be between 40psi to 60 psi; otherwise, it would be a waste of money to invest in a new shower head.
- Types of sprays:
Many shower heads, including the ones we have mentioned above, incorporates variable spray settings. To understand better, here are a few common types of sprays:
- Targeted: Fewer nozzles are used to shoot water with power in a smaller area.
- Wide: All the nozzles are used to cover the whole body of the person.
- Pulsating: The water is releasing in variable patterns.
- Rinse: Certain nozzles are used to pour water out for soaking.
Each discussed product can give you an experience worth having. Some of them are better at covering your whole-body whole others give you options to change spray patterns and pressure. By analyzing comparatively, we have chosen AquaDance 7″ Premium shower head to be our top pick.
The six different spray settings alone would be enough to give you an invigorating shower experience — every setting hits your skin differently, and it would be like getting high-end massages. Other than that, the spray strength also has our highest appreciation.
You can use both heads simultaneously or separately; the choice is all yours. But by using the heads at the same time, the pressure decreases drastically. However, its many impressive features overshadow its flaws.
Lastly, we should mention that most showerheads have standard pipe sizes. In case you have a custom- set up, you might need a custom-built adaptor as well.