Posted: Febrary 09 2022 The design and construction of the water shower filter play a vital role in its essential function of converting the hard water into soft water. The multiple layers of resins, KDF, carbon, and the minerals remove the microbes and energize the water for the best bathing experience. when dealing with hard water and hard water problems , filters can solve a lot of issues. escially with mineral deposits and soap scum build ups. some signs of hard water are soap scum build up , scale buildup and white film left behind.
Shower Filter Efficiency for hard water
The construction of the hard water shower filter consists of several layers from the inlet till the final outlet. and can easily prevent hard water and hard water problems
Macroscopic Filter for hard water
The first layer performs the function of removing the macroscopic suspensions. They include clay, silt, soil, and other forms of turbidity.
Microscopic Filter for hard water
The microscopic filter removes most of the volatile chemicals, harmful metals, pesticides, and the other potentially toxic elements from the water.
Hard Water Filter
The design of the hard water filter varies between the various brands and models of the shower filter. It depends on the method of softening. The standard best whole home filter filters remove the elements causing temporary and permanent hard water . hard water can cause soap scum on show doors and leave a scale build up on everything from washing machine to shower heads. That mineral buildup from the hard water can stop shower heads and washing machine from function properly.
The most commonly found we water hard water problems factors are the chloride forms of magnesium, compounds of chlorine, bicarbonates, dissolved minerals, and the other ions. signs of hard water like scale buildup and water scum indicate hard water problems.
- Chlorine Removal and hard water : chlorine removal is the first stage of water softening. The best shower filters use bamboo carbon, KDF, chlorine, or the infrared stones to achieve this goal. Some of the filters may use the specific combination of the materials. Bamboo charcoal contains 98% of carbon. The process of adsorption which attracts and traps the chlorine molecules within its layers at a ratio of 1:6. KDF is another combinational material (copper and zinc alloy) which converts the harmful chlorine into water dissolvable harmless chlorides. The process of oxidation-reduction can convert more than 99.9% of the chlorine content. KDF can also increase the lifespan of the activated carbon layer by absorbing the chlorine content and turning it into chloride form. So, the best shower filter can contain the combination of the two materials.
- Carbonate Removal and hard water: Hard water contains the carbonate and the bicarbonate forms of calcium and magnesium. Sedimentation and filtering are the principal methods of their removal when they are in the microscopic structure. Activated carbon in the bamboo charcoal can eliminate the maximum volume of these compounds. The micron size elements get removed by the KDF layer. The efficiency of the active shower filter can be 99.99% in the carbonate and bicarbonate removal.
- Chemical Removal: The hard water contains several volatile chemicals like the sulfides, benzene, oxides, sulfates, etc. KDF is the layer which removes them by more than 99.99%.
- Fluoride Removal for hard water: Fluoride is one of the hardness factors that are hard to remove by the standard methods and filers. It is due to the highly dissolving character. Hence, the shower filter construction will be different for the fluoride removers. The next section describes the design and functionality of the unique shower filters.
- Metal Removal and hard water : The best shower filter’s KDF layer can also remove the micron size metals like the mercury, lead, copper, and the others.
Fluoride Removing Filters for hard water
The process of fluoride removal happens through ion exchange, reverse osmosis, and the active-alumina. The best shower filter for hard water can contain the synthetic membrane or alumina layer also helping with hard water and mineral deposits like calcium and magnesium.
Reverse Osmosis for hard water
TFC, ceramic, polyamide, and cellulose are some of the most commonly used membranes in the reverse osmosis shower filters. TFC is accepted as the industry standard filter which can work at an efficiency of 99.99%.
The relative thickness of the layer is less than 0.25 microns. As the water passes through this material, it attracts the individual ions from the fluoride and deposits them onto the sheet. The required pressure for the membrane is delivered by the inlet pipe in the shower filter. The high efficiency of the filter can work for one year with no hassles.
You need to replace the membrane every year to preserve the efficiency at the same level. Since the maximum diameter of the layer is 250 micrometer, the compact shower filters can also accommodate it with no hassles.
Ion Exchange for hard water
The ion exchange process happens through the anionic, cationic, and the mixed types of resins. The mesh size of the medium can vary from 5 to 100. The filter with the highest value can remove the maximum volume of the fluoride from the water.
Energizing Layer water softners
The successive layers of filters remove the hardness and harmful contaminants from the water. However, they may also eliminate some of the healthier minerals and compounds from the water. For example, the process of reverse osmosis doesn’t differentiate between useful and harmful elements. Apart from fluoride, it can remove chlorine, metals, VOC, and others. Sodium, copper, calcium, and magnesium are useful when they are present in micron ratio. Hence, the best shower filter should also contain a layer, which can infuse these elements back into the water.
Infrared Stone water softner
The most commonly used stones are the ceramic balls, bio-active stones, active carbon, etc. The alkaline coated far-infrared ceramic balls can restore most of the above-listed minerals to the micron level volume. At the same time, it irradiates the water to induce immunity elements. This will help with hard water and mineral deposits like calcium and magnesium .
- Current Generation remove mineral:of water softener The blood circulation system in the human body is run by the mildest form of electromagnetic energy generated by the central nervous system. Stress and anxiety can reduce the levels considerably. Hence, the circulation tends to slow down which causes fatigue and energy loss. The active ceramic stone induces a mild current in microamperes that charges the water. Hot water at a temperature of 1050F can energize the circulation system efficiently.
- Negative Ions remove mineral: The negative ions generated by the active carbon, and ceramic balls can control the oxidative elements within the human body. This process can reduce the effects of acne, rashes, and other skin disorders considerably. The ions can also relax the muscles and remove the elements of fatigue from them. The additional distinct advantage of the infrared layer is the skin Detox, pore cleaning, and disinfection. The energized water can also strengthen the fibers of collagen and elastin on the skin layers. It results in the reduced probability of wrinkle formation and skin sagging.